Five Things You Should Know About the Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program
There are many ways to advance one’s executive career and potential in the federal government, and one of those is through the PMF program. If you are close to completing your graduate degree in any discipline, or have finished school within the last two years, then you may want to consider applying.
Although there are a number of ways you can “tailor” it to best fit your individual career development goals and position you for the Senior Executive Service (SES), here are five things you should know about this fantastic program:
- It’s a full-time, paid federal position (GS-9-12) that lasts two years.
- Some participating agencies offer student loan repayment options.
- You will complete at least one 4- to 6-month developmental assignment.
- You will leave the program with an Executive Resources Board (ERB) or equivalent certification.
- For the upcoming 2014 PMF program, applicants with degrees in certain specialized disciplines may be eligible for the new Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) track pilot.
Finally, follow this link to learn more about the PMF program.
Barbara Adams is the President and CEO of CareerPro Global, Inc. (CPG). She has been on the leading edge of SES application development for decades. Committed to providing world-class service, she has also built an SES writing team that has assisted more than 2,500 clients develop their application materials. Ms. Adams has been featured on T.V. and the radio, and as a presenter at numerous career conferences. CPG recently sent a team to instruct senior officials at Warner Robins Air Force Base, Georgia in best practices for developing their SES application materials. She is the co-author of the new book, Roadmap to the Senior Executive Service: How to Find SES Jobs, Determine Your Qualifications, and Develop Your SES Application.
Posted in Career Tip of the Month